General Procedures For Submitting Applications to the Planning Department
Important Meeting Dates:
- Planning Commissions: Meets on the next to last Tuesday of each month at 3:15 P.M. in the City Council Chambers of City Hall, 402 Lee Street N.E., Decatur, AL.
- Subdivision Committee: Meets on the Tuesday prior to the Planning Commission Meeting at 1:15 P.M. in the Conference Room of the City Annex, 308 Cain Street N.E., Decatur, AL.
Important Due Dates:
Applications are due 21 days prior to Planning Commission meeting.
- Provide a copy of the deed to the property showing current ownership.
- All applications submitted must be on Planning Department forms. Completed forms may be mailed or sent via email; no handwritten forms.
- Electronic submission in “.docx or PDF” format for documents and “.dwg/dxg” form for plats and surveys.
- All applications must be completed in their entirety. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Originals of all documents requiring signatures will be required.
You may download a copy of these instructions in pdf format.
Site Plan Review
- Commercial Development Permit Procedure & Application for Site Plan Review
- Site Plan Review Procedures & Application (B4, M1A, R4, RD and RD2)
Certificate to Subdivide and/or Consolidate
Downtown Public Space Usage
- Policy for Approval of Construction Plans Associated with Preliminary Plats & Minor Plats Applications
- Major Subdivision Application
- Minor Subdivision Application