Transport / Security Officer
Job ID#: PD021014-191010
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Police Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 12
Salary Range: Min: $32,151.49 – $48,922.29
Application Deadline: Oct 24, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position is responsible for maintaining City Hall security and for the transport of prisoners.
- Monitors parking lot and issues citations.
- Enters arrestee information into the computerized database; updates arrestee information.
*NOTICE: Written examination is required for vacancies in this job class category. Eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Alabama Peace Officers Standard and Training Commission.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.