Parks Maintenance Associate III – Grounds Crew
Job ID#: PR042020-200904
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Parks & Recreation
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number:
Salary Range: Bi-weekly $1,236.60-$1,881.63
Application Deadline: Sep 28, 2020
This position provides experienced, expert level maintenance of city parks and facilities. An incumbent in this position may be designated “Parks Maintenance Team leader.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level feedback and guidance to lesser-experienced team members, including experience based recommendations and suggestions for improvements.
- Participates in a wide variety of maintenance and cleanup of city parks, trails, athletic fields, and related facilities; performs turf management duties; prepares athletic fields for tournaments, special events, and programs
- Oversees the installation and maintenance of landscaping; irrigation systems maintenance; playground inspections; and minor carpentry, plumbing, electrical repairs, and painting of parks facilities.
- Operates a backhoe, sod cutter, top dresser, tractor, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; additional trade school or specialty training/certification in parks maintenance disciplines (i.e. grounds maintenance, turf maintenance, horticulture, arborist, etc.) is preferred.
- Five or more years of directly related parks, field, turf and grounds maintenance experience is required.
- Must possess valid driver’s license; Class B CDL preferred.
- Knowledge of parks and grounds maintenance principles and practices.
- Knowledge of athletic field maintenance principles.
- Knowledge of turf management principles.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Skill in the use of a variety of grounds maintenance tools and equipment.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.