Job ID#: LF035002-191011
Classification: Exempt Service Position
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Landfill Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 19
Salary Range: Salary will be commensurate with experience within this assigned pay range: Bi-weekly $1,747.28 - $2,658.69 (Annual $45,429.21 - $69,125.92)
Application Deadline: Oct 31, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for managing city landfill operations and assigned personnel including selection, training, and performance management. This position reports to the Director of Landfill/Recycling.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelors Degree in business, finance, environmental services or other related field is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in landfill maintenance operation experience, preferably ten years or more. Must have prior supervisory and management experience.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental rules, as well as management and supervisory principles and practices.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alabama for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain State of Alabama certification as a Certified Landfill Operator and a Manager of Landfill Operations certification.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.