Human Resources Generalist II
Job ID#: HR019004-190708
Classification: Exempt Service Position
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Human Resources Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 17
Salary Range: Salary will be commensurate with experience within this assigned range Min: $40,548 Max: $61,699
Application Deadline: Jul 26, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This position is responsible for providing generalized support for the City’s human resource functions. Duties include, but not limited to: managing recruitment and hiring for assigned departments, conducting employee training and communication including new hire orientation and annual open enrollment events; coordinate health screenings; tracking employee leaves including FMLA; assist leadership with performance management and coaching; preparing HR reports and presentations; assisting with benefit administration; assisting with payroll administration.
- B.S. degree in HR management or related field highly desirable. Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand human resource generalist roles and responsibilities and ability to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with ten (10) or more years’ experience or service in a similar position, will be considered.
- Must have prior experience in new hire orientation training and benefits administration and payroll processing.
- Must be proficient at intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office products, with prior experience in HRIS and ERP system applications.
- Current PHR certification preferred
- Valid Alabama driver’s license required.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.