Historic Preservation Specialist
Job ID#: CD018662-190806
Classification: Exempt Service Position
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Community Development
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 18
Salary Range: Salary will be commensurate with experience with this assigned pay range – Min: $42,601.16 – $64,822.70
Application Deadline: Aug 20, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position serves as liaison between the City of Decatur and the Decatur Historic Preservation Commission in performing work in managing historic preservation projects and programs for the City of Decatur.
- Grant writing initiatives
- Maintain historic preservation documentation and collateral materials
- Prepare and maintain all required historic preservation metrics and reporting
- Support periodic review and maintenance of City’s long range historic preservation plan
- Ensure Certified Local Government requirements are fulfilled and reported
- Other duties as assigned by Community Development Manager
- Master’s degree in historic preservation, architectural history, archaeology, history, or other related field PLUS three years of relevant prior experience in historic preservation initiatives; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in historic preservation, architectural history, archaeology, history, or other related field PLUS three years of relevant prior experience in historic preservation initiatives PLUS five years of relevant prior experience.
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Must be proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office products as well as other City and departmental systems and software programs.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.