Job ID#: CD018006-200212
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Community Development
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 18
Salary Range: Min: $43,240.18-$65,795.04
Application Deadline: Feb 26, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with city departments and programs to gather information and prepare grant proposals in accordance with grant guidelines.
- Ensures timely execution of contracts and present grant applications and awarded contracts to the City Council for approval.
- Authorize expenses for Youth Services grants.
- Reconcile grant expenses for monthly reimbursement and maintain grant files.
- Research and Identifies new grant opportunities
- Provides advice and counsel to city departments and programs regarding grants.
Written examination is required for this position and eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Must be proficient with computers, including Microsoft office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe as well as other departmental systems and software programs.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.