Job ID#: SEEO1.2-190924
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Street & Environmental Services Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number:
Salary Range: Will be determined based on vacancy available at time of written examination. Equipment Operator I – Salary Grade 10 Min $1,120.29 Max $1,704.66 (Bi-weekly) Equipment Operator II – Salary Grade 11 Min $1,177.01 Max $1,790.96 (Bi-weekly)
Application Deadline: Dec 31, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vacancy determined at time of written examination –
- Equipment Operator I – may operate equipment in the repair and maintenance of city streets
- Equipment Operator II – will operate a truck along an assigned route to collect solid waste
*NOTICE: Written examination is required for vacancies in this job class category. Eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent;
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the positions, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years;
- Must possess a current and valid Alabama Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- For Equipment Operator I classification Class B CDL requirement may be fulfilled during the first six months of employment.
- For Equipment Operator II classification Class B CDL must be held at the time of application.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.