Director Youth Services
Job ID#: YS049001-191115
Classification: Exempt Service Position
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Youth Services
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 24
Salary Range: Salary will be commensurate with experience within this assigned range - Min: $70.854.07 Max: $107,812.84
Application Deadline: Dec 15, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for directing the city’s youth services programs and operations. Duties include, but not limited to, trains, assigns, directs, evaluates and supervises personnel; develops and implements the departmental budget.
- Responsible for coordination of cooperation between agencies that provide services for at-risk youth.
- Sponsors community related events in support of youth programs, solicits funds, develops grant applications and manages grant funds.
- B.S. degree in Social Science, Recreation, or other related field, or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require ten or more years of related experience, including supervisory experience
- Requires residency within the City of Decatur as per Resolution 00-325, adopted 10/23/2000
- Valid Alabama driver’s license required
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.