Administrative Assistant I
Job ID#: SE030004 - 200109
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Street & Environmental Services Department
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number: 9
Salary Range: Min: $1,066.31 - $1,622.52
Application Deadline: Jan 23, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position is responsible for providing secretarial and clerical support for the department.
- Answers calls and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Receives work orders and requests from the public and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Copies, scans and faxes documents.
- Performs related duties.
Written examination is required for this position and eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Prefer one to two years’ experience in similar position including customer service.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: email@example.com
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.