Administrative Assistant I
Job ID#: PR-042-019
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Parks & Recreation
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number:
Salary Range: Bi-weekly $1,066.31-$1,622.52
Application Deadline: Sep 29, 2020
This position provides clerical and customer service support for assigned department operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and fills office supply requests.
- Makes park reservations for the general public.
- Schedules Harbor Fishing Tournaments.
- Copies, faxes, and scans documents.
- Prepares spreadsheets; pays utility bills; prepares invoices.
- Updates calendars.
- Maintains web pages.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages; refers to appropriate personnel.
- Performs related duties.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/ internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.