Administrative Assistant I
Job ID#: MC013007-200710
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Municipal Court
Position Type: Open Position
Salary Range Number:
Salary Range: Bi-Weekly $1,066.31 - $1,622.52 -- OR -- Annual $27,724.13 - $42,185.54
Application Deadline: Jul 24, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives payments for court fines/costs/fees and enters amounts into computerized database.
- Responds to inquiries from the public regarding court appearances, trial dates, complaints, and payments.
- Reviews payment records to generate payment review docket.
- Assists defendants with Community Service applications.
- Schedules defendants for driving school.
Competitive written examination is required for this position and eligible candidates will receive notification of scheduled examination location and time via EMAIL, or U.S. Mail where email information is not provided on employee application or resume.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- One to two years of similar experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in use of desktop computers and applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Employment Applications are available on our website at www.decaturalabamausa.com, or from the Human Resources Department at City Hall-2nd Floor Tower, 402 Lee St NE, Decatur, AL 35602.
Completed employment application, with current resume (if available), must be returned to the City of Decatur Human Resources Department by the posting closing date. May be delivered in person or:
Mailed to: P. O. Box 1984, Decatur, AL 35602
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faxed to: (256) 341-4895
The Human Resources Department may be contacted at (256) 341-4890.
Due to the volume of responses received, we will not be able to provide a status of consideration. Candidates who have been selected for the next step in the review process will be notified.
The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.