Garbage and Trash Information
- The Sanitation Department provides once-a-week, semi-automated and automated collection of household garbage and yard waste.
- Special carts are assigned to each location and are to remain in place if you move.
- Bulky items such as mattresses, refrigerators, limbs, and other items are included with this service, but generally on a two-week schedule. Delays occur due to storms and periodic large quantities of bulk trash generated throughout the City.
- Keep the green stuff clean for composting! Please do not mix with trash and garbage.
- Some small businesses are also serviced for garbage.
Our service is a partnership: WE have a part and YOU have a part!
BY WORKING TOGETHER, we can make this partnership a satisfactory one for our community.
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Department Phone No: (256) 341-4740 - 7 am - 5 pm M-F
Department Fax No: (256) 341-4747
Julia Chenault, Public Works Coordinator
Ted Huckaba, Supervisor
Reginald Carter, Supervisor
Bill Ray, Supervisor